We are hiring!
Join our #SparkLabsFamily!
Make your mark on Taiwan’s startup ecosystme
We are looking for an ambitious startup community advocate who is highly motivated to support entrepreneurs, connect with mentors and investors, and buildup a startup community to join our team as a Program Manager. If you are a tech-savvy professional who is self-directed in achieving program objectives and is experienced in program operations, project management, partnership, and promotional events, we would like to meet you.
You will be working closely with the Program Director and be deeply involved in the daily accelerator program operation and DemoDay execution.
A little bit about us
SparkLabs Taiwan is part of the SparkLabs accelerator network — a global accelerator network founded by entrepreneurs, for entrepreneurs. Established in 2018, SparkLabs Taiwan offers a strategically designed accelerator program to help founders grow and scale their startups into world-class businesses. Since our inception, we’ve already accelerated 50 startups.
A short brief on your role
Our Program Manager will play a crucial role in supporting our ecosystem activities, and the core responsibility is to manage the full cycle of our accelerator program, which is a 3-month long intensive and highly customized program focusing on helping 6-8 high growth startups to tackle their roadblocks and help them scale. You will serve as the main builder of our entrepreneurial ecosystem and community.
Our ideal candidate should have exceptional oral and written communication skills in both Chinese and English and be able to plan and execute projects and events. We prefer someone who’s a detail-oriented person with great time management and project management skills. A creative problem-solver able to produce exceptional results with limited resources would be a great plus.
- Manage the logistics, planning, development, and execution of the accelerator program and events.
- Develop necessary tracking tools; design and continue to revise a standardized playbook to foster program flow and efficiency, and utilize system analytics and reporting to improve decision-making and information sharing.
- Serve as the point of contact between startup founders, SparkLabs Taiwan, and other stakeholders; provide advice, consultation, and feedback to founders when necessary.
- Maintain relationships with alumni and continue to assist and connect them with ongoing investors, mentors, vendors.
- Engage the startup community to source and recruit high-potential startup sand build up our pipeline of accelerator applicants year-round.
- Interview, vet, and select startup participants to join the SparkLabs Taiwan Accelerator Program.
- Collaborate with partners, industry experts, and the Global SparkLabs team to improve the quality, scope, and delivery of the accelerator program.
- Grow and maintain the SparkLabs Taiwan community, represent SparkLabs Taiwan and build relationships with industry stakeholders (startup founder sand employees, mentors, investors, corporate partners, government, etc.)
- Work with the Program Director to support ongoing campaigns, events and day to day operations, and identify ways to improve the accelerator program or to incorporate other partnership opportunities into the program.
- Familiar with the startup scene and entrepreneurial culture or having 5+years of experience working in a startup/ a small team environment/ VCs/accelerators/ corporate innovation.
- Have 5+ years of hands-on experience in project management and executing events of all sizes, including virtual events.
- Exceptional project management skills, attention to detail, and ability to multitask to balance multiple projects and deadlines to meet objectives.
- Excellent teamwork and a fast learner. Able to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth, and tight-knit company and to be self-directed in achieving project objectives without having to be closely managed.
- Able to pick up and understand different industry know-how quickly in order to be able to identify pain points and provide advice to different startup founders.
- Capable of speaking at a wide range of events and meetings with senior corporate executives, industry leaders, government officials, mentors, startup founders, and the general public.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in Chinese and English.
- Flexibility to work some nights and weekends
- Have 5+ years of experience in product development/ B2B business development/ overseas market expansion/ growth hacking/ capital market.
- Engineering or tech background is preferred.
Who you will be working with
- Program Director (Mainly)
- Program Manager
- Startup founders
- Event planner
How to Apply
To indicate your interest in this job opening, please
1. Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. With the email subject line: [Apply] SparkLabs Taiwan Team - (Role you want to apply) -(Your Name)
3. Provide a 2 pager (A4) brief summary of
- Your favorite company in our portfolio and why?
- A technology or industry that you believe is poised for growth
- A private company you’d want to invest in and why?
Kindly note that although we would like to get back to all applicants, only candidates invited for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding!